We do not host any of the files that are shown on pdfflare.com - our crawler searches through the net and indexes all these documents, therefore there is no copyright infringement involved.
All books are the property of their respective owners.
If you do not want your self-hosted pdf file being public, you should create a robots.txt under your website root.
pdfflare.com makes use of the Bing API engine as the backend to spider PDF files on the web. If you would like to restricts access to your site by this search engine robot that crawls your PDF files, you can edit your robots.txt file as the following.
Doing the following will remove your PDF listings on pdfflare.com , once MSNBot updates its data cache.
To block Bing API MSNBot from crawling specific file types linked to your website, specify MSNBot as the user-agent in a disallow tag that also specifies the file types to exclude.
Restrict MSNBot from indexing specific file types:
User-agent: msnbot Disallow: /*.[file extension]$
Note: (The "$" is required.)
User-agent: msnbot Disallow: /*.pdf$
If you need help, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.
If you would like your indexed content removed from our search engine, please submit a DMCA form and we will remove it.
DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement
A proper DMCA Notice will notify email@example.com of particular facts in a document signed under penalty of perjury and delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org Designated Agent. To write a proper Notice, you must provide the following information, which list comes directly from the DMCA statute:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single Notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement that the information in the Notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
When filing an infringement claim, please include any URLs identifying the allegedly infringing material along with any other information that might assist the pdfflare.com Agent's investigation of your claim.
If the material originates from another website and you believe that email@example.com has cached that material, then confirm any of the following that apply:
#1 The material has been removed from the originating site;
#2 Access to the material on the originating site has been disabled;
#3 A court has ordered that the material be removed from the originating site; and/or
#4 A court has ordered that access to the material on the originating site be disabled.
Failure to include all of the above information may result in a delay in processing the DMCA Notification. If you materially misrepresent that any material infringes your copyright interest, you may be liable for damages, including court costs and attorneys' fees, and could be subject to criminal prosecution for perjury.
1) pdfflare.com DOES NOT HOST any of the ebooks or pdf files displayed on pdfflare.com site.
2) pdfflare.com indexes these files which are located on remote servers which pdfflare.com does not have any connection with / control of / association with.
3) Users / visitors download PDF files from another host service. (NOT FROM pdfflare.com)
4) We respect Copyright laws.